BETRAYAL

BETRAYAL

Like a sacrificial lamb, I was led to be sluttered,
Heavy was my heart,
I could feel my heartbeat beating so unusual,
The pain of betrayal,

Flash back to how it all happened,
It was on a very hot morning in the summer,
The sun with radiance emanating from the East,
The sun so bright and early,
Illuminating the whole universe,

I met him that morning,
As a hustler I interacted with gentility,
I believed him,

Not until I was framed and arrested,
He engineered it all,
And now he's no where around me.

I was wondering 
Wasn't he the same man who promised me heaven on Earth?
How can he change so easily,
Wasn't he the same man?
Oh! I remember 'change is constant'.
How callously I was treated.

And now I am left to my fate,
Death hanging on my neck,
This is really tormenting,
It hurts me to the marrow,
And now, I am done trusting anything on trousers.

©️Chinemerm2020

#BETRAYAL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROKEN

HAIKU POEM

LIMERICK POEM