MY LOVE STORY


Some time ago in the month of April, 
my world got turned upside down.
For the first time ever,
I got to fully understand the meaning of perfection as my eyes
Beheld a being I thought would only ever exist in my dreams. 
To say she’s beautiful would be an
Understatement.
What she is, is far more precious, she
Transcends all definitive literal labels.

I was smitten at first glance,
It felt like a fire had been set ablaze in my chest. 
Well, I imagine it’s what Adam must have felt when he first saw Eve in Eden.
Elegance embodied, proverbs 31 personified … she is some kind of special.

Sadly, there is no happy ending to this story. A cruel twist of fate robbed me of happiness, leaving me feeling empty.
An emptiness that has eaten me down to my soul, 
A Pain like nothing I’ve ever felt before.
Hurt so deep it shook the very marrow out of my bones. 
But funny enough,
All it takes is one look at me for you to see that.

No amount of pain will make me change the way I feel about her
I love her now and always will.
Exactly the same way I did when I first laid eyes on her, perhaps even more.

Loving her has changed me.
It made me into a better version,
I know it sounds crazy but I felt like a
King whenever I was with her and I can’t deny she became the better part of me.

Always made my world have a brighter hue, but I guess nothing gold can stay. 
My dawn has turned into bleak clouds of grey, now I quietly reminisce
On that once in a lifetime magical moment some time ago in the month of April … and smile.

© The Mad Thinker

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BROKEN

HAIKU POEM

LIMERICK POEM