RECOVERY
I used to be one so ambitious; 
I took my studies very serious. 
I dealt with things meticulously; 
Wasn't delayed by mistake unnecessarily. 

I never gave up to any defeat; 
I believed in a game of no retreat. 
To try to the last even with a breathe left, 
As I was sure my result would be one of the best. 

Things turned around one day; 
All I loved doing got hooked in a maze. 
With a broken heart, I felt disappointed. 
For several dreams I had, but yet to be met. 

I only wake up, trapped in a pile of old dreams, 
Each day my wings get more weakened, Coldness and grittiness, my frozen heart felt, In fantasy and hopes do I always crept.

Auspiciously, I got revived, 
When my mama called my name thrice, 
In hastiness, she sought my attention, 
Then, I remembered there were lots undone.  
It dawned on me, the new sun has risen, Shinning so brightly, sucking away the crisis, The second chance is here again! 
As I rose firm to bring a change. 

Bestowed upon me were rights to recover, And retrace all that have been squandered. The Pen Lord anointed me with His ink; Endowed me with enthusiasm and might, 
To liquefy frozen hearts into palette of radiance, 
Where all souls shall feel aches no further. 
 
© noona_eve.poetry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROKEN

HAIKU POEM

LIMERICK POEM